Once you have logged onto the system and selected a resident to assess, you will be taken to the patient Home Screen where you can view:
In this tab, all assessments will appear under one of three categories: balance, gait, and function.
To administer an assessment,
- Select 1 Assessment: click on the assessment that you wish to perform. The selected assessment will be highlighted in orange. Click Start to begin the assessment.
- Select Multiple Assessments: Click all of the assessments that you would like the resident to perform. The assessments will run in the order that you selected them on the screen and will run back to back. The reports will generate after all of the selected assessments have been completed.
Each assessment will display an approximate time the last assessment of that type was performed on the resident. By hovering over the link, you can view the exact date that assessment was performed and see the report from that assessment by pressing the View in the popup window.
For More information about all the assessments on the system, their benefits, and instructions. Go to: VSTBalance Assessments
All of the training activities are split up into categories of specific areas of interest that specific training is aimed at improving.
To run a training:
- Select 1 Training: click on the training that you wish to perform. The selected assessment will be highlighted in orange. Click Start to begin the training.
- Select Multiple Trainings: Click all of the trainings that you would like the resident to perform. The trainings will run in the order that you selected them on the screen and will run back to back. The reports will generate after all of the selected trainings have been completed.
You can also see when the last activity was played and view the report by clicking on the pop-up window when hovering over the link.
For More information about all the trainings on the system, their benefits, and instructions. Go to: VSTBalance Training Activities
VSTBalance offers reports for every training and assessment performed which can be viewed individually or compared to view patient progress.
- View Latest Report by hovering over the assessment or training you would like to see. Below the tile, there will be a date. If you hover and select View, you will be navigated to the specific report.
- View All Reports can be done by selecting the Reports tab in the top right corner. This page shows all prior assessments/trainings performed by the patient split by type. From this page you simply select the boxes for the assessments/trainings you wish to compare. You must select at least 1 report. Once you have selected the appropriate boxes, hit Compare to view the report.
- Selecting 2+ reports of the same assessment/training, the report will show you progress data.
- Selecting 2+ reports of different assessment/trainings will give you separate individual reports.
Report Sharing (Printing, Exporting & Faxing)
Report Options can be found in a dropdown in the top left-hand corner. Reports can be printed directly from the system or a report can be exported and shared as desired.
Note: If you want to connect a printer, please contact your IT department to get the system connected. If you are still having problems, contact your Client Partner or VSTBalance Helpdesk at (855) 443 5744 ext. 3 for assistance.
Faxing Reports directly to patient's physician or therapists using the VSTBalance Fax feature.
Note: You will need to check with your Client Partner to ensure that your organization’s fax information has been input into the system and the feature is enabled.
- From the Report Options dropdown, you will be able to select Send Fax.
- Once selected, it will bring up a Patient Consent for Treatment form. The patient must read through this form and confirm that they agree to fax the report to their primary care physician by typing in their name at the bottom and clicking the Agree button.
- Note: The name that is typed into the patient consent for treatment form must match the name on the patient’s profile for it to be accepted.
- Next, the system will require a photo to be taken of the patient as confirmation that the patient is present to give their consent. (This photo will not be saved)
- Next, you will need to enter the contact information for the patient’s PCP. The physician’s name must be filled in the field labeled Deliver To and their fax number will need to be entered in the field labeled Recipient’s Fax #.
- The first two fields on the left side should be auto-filled with the name of the user logged into the system and your organization’s fax number. There is an option to add comments and a description of the report in the field labeled Regarding.
- Note: If your organization’s fax information does not autofill when sending a fax, please contact your Client Partner or Help Desk at (855) 443-5744.
- After you have filled out all the information click the Review button to make sure the information is correct and then send out the report.